Giving Thanks in all things
Our humans believe in giving thanks and expressing gratitude in everything. Good for them. Don’t get me wrong- I (Twilight), am a very thankful cat. Here are some things I’m thankful for and why:
- Claws: Yes. I’m thankful for claws. They have saved me from countless attempts to “bathe” me in a sink, which every cat out there knows is really code for “drown.”
- Teeth: I’m especially grateful for teeth, because even when my claws are trimmed (against my will, I might add)- My teeth are a great backup. Besides, without teeth I couldn’t enjoy Fancy Feast and treats….and popcorn!
- Redi Whip: I’m thankful for Redi Whip- You know, that purrfectly awesome yummy stuff that humans squirt directly in their mouth and then put the can back in the fridge- one day someone left it out on the counter after it was used, and I just “happened” to hop up onto the counter and I tasted it- I love it!
- My Can Opener: Okay, in spite of baths, nail trims, ear cleaning, flea medicine, and all that othet fussy stuff, I guess I am thankful for the Can Opener- after all, she is the one who keeps the food coming.
- The Backup Can Opener: I’m even thankful for the backup Can Opener, because if the primary one doesn’t work, there’s a backup- and because he lets me snag his oyster crackers and cheese nips.
- Fancy Feast: My favorite food- but I usually give thanks after I eat, because I don’t believe in wasting a moment when it comes to eating. And last, but not least,
- Treats: Another no brainer. I mean, not being thankful for treats is just plain ridiculous.
Now it’s Sushi’s turn: Let’s see what she’s thankful for
Okay, fine. Now go away, flea.
- I’m thankful for naps. Goodnight.