Yes, even I can be thankful (sometimes)!
I’m a cat, and I have plenty to complain about sometimes, but I’m not stupid. I’ve seen the life some cats have- and until I was adopted, I was one of them. So I like to remember where I’ve been before, so I can appreciate where I am right now- and why I love my new home. I think it would be a good idea, if humans would do the same thing. Maybe if some of them directed their thoughts toward having a grateful heart for their blessings, they wouldn’t be so unhappy and likely to attack others. You know, you can’t give thanks and attack others at the same time. I’ve tried. Just sayin’.
So here’s a couple of things I’m thankful for:
- I have a warm, cozy place to sleep and I don’t have to sleep in the cold, wet weather.
- My humans never hurt or mistreat me.
- I get daily cuddles and snuggles.
- When I don’t feel well, my Can Opener takes me to the vet, and even though I don’t like it, I know she’s doing it to make me feel better.
- When I need snuggles, my Can Opener lets me sit on a big fat pillow on her lap, and wraps me in her softest blanket and lets me sleep in her lap.
- And when the little critters come over, I get more snuggles and cuddles, and they distract Twilight from pestering me to play.
- I never have to be left alone and lonely anymore.
Take a look – and start counting blessings.
When people or cats just sit and think about everything that isn’t going right, or that they don’t like, of course they’re going to be grumpy and unhappy. Take a cat’s advice… sleep more, eat what’s good for you, find a sunny spot to rest in, and look for every blessing in your life and cultivate a thankful heart. You’ll be happier, and so will everyone around you.