How to handle stress (cat version)
I know that all the humans are under a ton of something they call “stress.” We cats don’t really understand what that means, because well, we’re cats. So, I googled it when the Can Opener stepped away from her computer for one of her ever – increasing keuring visits.
Here’s the definition (according to Google) of “stress:”
Stress can be defined as the degree to which you feel overwhelmed or unable to cope as a result of pressures that are unmanageable.
Like I said, we’re cats- so we don’t really understand how that feels. The closest thing we get to it, is when the humans decide we need a visit to the vet (or, God forbid), a BATH.
But while I’m outside every day
spying , I mean, observing the neighbors around here, I hear them all complaining about things that are going wrong everywhere so I think it’s time to share some feline coping skills.
We cats have great ways of staying relaxed. That’s why we all have 9 lives and we never suffer from insomnia.
Here’s some of my favorite secrets for staying happy in the middle of whatever is happening.
- Hit the nip- Catnip does wonders. This helps with my next tip:
- Take time for the humans- (interaction is important and keeps them feeding you, and may result in treats).
- Spend time connecting with nature- (catch a bird or two every day).
- If someone annoys you, ignore them. Cats are experts at this.
- Sleep 18 hours every day. You’d be surprised how many problems you’ll avoid dealing with.
- PLAY DAILY- tackle anything that moves.
- NEVER WATCH THE NEWS.
- Eat constantly. Let the humans do the diet thing.
- oh, Yes- and BE THANKFUL FOR YOUR BLESSINGS.
And now, some pictures of me de-stressing…
Well, I was de-stressing until Sushi jumped down to take over the play session!